Wednesday, March 26, 2008

my greeting card solution



I don't know about the rest of you, but I save every single card (birthday, Christmas, friendship etc...) that I receive. The problem is that I have for years and as a result I have hundreds stashed away in boxes. Occasionally I like to look through them, but because of my random stashing in boxes it can become a time consuming and messy affair. This weekend I decided to do something about it so I created a 'card album' if you may. I sandwiched a piece of double sided patterned paper between two thin sheets of acrylic and adhered it together. I made another one for the back cover - I determined the size of the covers by adding a half inch to the dimensions of the largest card. I then punched a hole in the corner of both covers. I positioned my cards so that they were flush to that corner and punched holes in all of them. I used a standard book ring to secure them all and decorated the cover. For my Christmas 2007 cards I used Basic Grey paper, a Fontwerks label and some Prima flowers jazzed up with bling. Once I have all of the 'card albums' put together I plan on storing them in a basket in my family room.

No comments: